If you’re looking for something more versatile and have the counter space to spare, a convection oven is well worth the cost. These days, many convection ovens are even equipped with more extensive capabilities like air frying and slow cooking, which can be used for more serious cooking.
In today’s hurry up and get it done world, spending a huge amount of time waiting on something to cook is not a high priority. That’s where countertop convection ovens can make a huge difference in the operation of your kitchen.
A convection oven can cut cooking time by up to 25 percent. It can cook at a higher temperature, as much as 30 percent higher than a standard radiant oven.
A good convection bake cannot only cook your food faster and more thoroughly, but it can also perform a variety of cooking methods, from roasting to just keeping it warm.
What Is A Convection Oven?
Convection ovens are named for the circulating hot air effect that internal fans have on the heated air inside the oven, aided by the internal light. These are commonly referred to as convection fan ovens.
A traditional oven uses heat radiated from the walls and heating elements, either electric or gas powered. A convection bake uses internal fans to spread hot air in a continuous cycle.
Cooks food faster by creating a uniform, even temperature over every surface. Because of this, there’s no need to worry about the bottom of food burning before the upper portion is cooked thoroughly.
Advantages Of A Convection Oven
In addition to the even temperature, using a convection oven allows you to prepare any dish that can be done in a conventional oven.
Food from a convection oven will have a:
- more natural taste
- be crispier
- and maintain its natural juiciness.
You must be wondering about the difference between a convection oven and a regular oven.
Although the initial cost of a convection oven may be higher than a regular oven or air fryer toaster oven, a convection oven will consume less energy than its counterparts.
They can cook food as well as a conventional oven but prepare meals much quicker, are more energy efficient, and take up less space.
For cooks food who don’t want to give up their traditional ovens or wall ovens, a carefully selected best countertop convection oven is the solution.
What Features Are Best In A Convection Oven?
If you’re considering getting a countertop oven, there are specifics to consider before making a decision on which oven to buy.
Foremost is most consumers’ minds is energy efficiency. Check the unit’s heat and energy efficiency ratings.
The top countertop ovens should run at a lower wattage rate than wall oven or built-in ovens, and should produce high maximum temperatures.
Measure the dimensions of the oven. Will it fit in the countertop space you’ve allotted?
Pay particular attention to the features it offers, such as rotisserie function and whether it will hold a standard or large sized pizza. Are there multiple racks? Do the racks adjust?
If they are in a fixed position, determine if the cookware you have will fit inside the appliance. Adjustable racks eliminate this problem and offer increased convenience.
Also, cleanup is a lot easier when the racks are removable.
Cleaning the convection oven is a big deal; rather, the ease of cleaning it. If it isn’t easy to clean, you may want to consider checking out another brand.
Check to determine if any of the oven’s parts are suitable for the dishwasher. This is a definite plus.
Check the appearance and style of the oven. Will it blend well with the design of your kitchen?
Of course, the discerning shopper will closely scrutinize the price. A convection oven is generally higher priced than a simple toaster oven or countertop baker.
Different models carry with them varying retail costs, so price shop around for the best convection ovens at the best price.
The Best Countertop Ovens
If you’re looking for the best bargain in countertop ovens for your money, you’ll need to do a bit of shopping around. We offer here a few short reviews to point you in the right direction:
- The Breville Smart Oven with Element iQ System is for the home cook who needs a convection countertop oven with high performance and versatility; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 9 cooking functions.Voltage : 110–120 Volts.
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it’s needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- CONVECTION POWERED: The Smart Oven’s convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by raising hotter air and sinking colder, less dense air for quicker heating
- 9 COOKING FUNCTIONS: versatile countertop oven with 9 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat and Warm
- LARGE CAPACITY: Large 18.5 x 15.7 x 11.1 inch interior with enough room for 6 slices of bread, 6 cup muffin tray and a 13 inch pizza, made to perfection
- 120 minutes of steady, uninterrupted steam
- Specialized bread proofing technology; bakes and proofs bread better and faster
- Unique Steam Bake and Steam Broil functions as well as standard functions of a traditional countertop toaster oven
- Accommodates a whole 4-1/2 pound chicken or a 12-inch pizza; reheats foods without drying them out
- Includes 47-ounce removable water reservoir, wire rack, baking pan, broiling rack, crumb tray, and drip tray
- Even-heat technology provides consistent heat throughout baking cycle for delicious results.
- Use your countertop oven to bake pizza, broil a side dish, keep an already cooked dish warm or toast bread.
- 9 pre-programmed functions such as the Asado Roast Function to precisely adjust from high sear to optimal cooking temperature for superior roasting.
- 120-minute timer can be set to remind you when a dish is finished and offers plenty of time for the requirements of most recipes
- Offers enough room to cook 2-12″ pizzas, or cornish hens. The oven cavity also features a non-stick coating for easy cleaning.
- The Breville Smart Oven Air with Element iQ System is a versatile countertop oven allowing you to roast, air fry and dehydrate; Use super convection to reduce cooking time by up to 30% and choose from 13 cooking functions; Includes an interior oven light.Temperature : 80-480 °F.Temperature : 80-480 °F
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 6 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it’s needed to create the ideal cooking environment; Sensing and digital PID temperature control eliminates cold spots for precise and even cooking
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE SETTINGS: Air fry French fries and other family favorites; Higher temperatures combined with super convection (maximized air flow) deliver crispy golden air fried foods; Dehydrate a wide range of food, up to 4 trays of goodness at once
- SUPER CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: 2 speed convection fan (super & regular) offers greater cooking control; Super convection provides a greater volume of hot air to ensure fast and even heat distribution perfect for air frying, dehydration and roasting
- 13 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Super versatile countertop oven and air fryer with 13 functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook and Dehydrate
- Countertop convection oven features convection technology for fast, even heating
- Digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast, and defrost
- Large interior fits 2 take and bake pizzas, a family sized chicken, or 18 slices of bread
- Easy clean interior and 90 minute timer with auto shut off feature
- Includes 2 oven racks, a baking pan, and an integrated broiling rack. Watts: 1500W
- Plus Convection Oven 1/4 Sheet
- Double-pane, tempered glass door
- Handles up to 4 half-size sheet pans (not included)
- 3 baking racks and half-size sheet pan included
- Roast, bake, broil and convection bake functions
- UL, NSF
- KITCHEN ESSENTIAL – The Cadco OV-003 is a heavy-duty oven with a sturdy stainless-steel construction, ensuring durability and reliability. Its heavy-duty door and hinge construction further enhance its robustness. Equipped with a high-temperature ball-bearing motor, this oven is designed for long-lasting and consistent performance. The reinforced door design adds an extra layer of strength, making it ideal for commercial or heavy use.
- COOK TO PERFECTION – A smart choice for any commercial kitchen that requires high-quality and efficient cooking. The oven has a heavy-duty squirrel cage fan that circulates more air in less time, resulting in uniform and rapid cooking. The oven also has manual controls that allow you to set the time, temperature and heat settings to suit your preferences. You can select from 175O to 500O F to perform various cooking functions, such as baking, roasting, broiling or warming.
- CAPACITY – The Cadco OV-003 oven has a spacious cooking chamber that can accommodate up to three quarter size sheet pans. The dimensions of the cooking chamber are W: 14-1/8” x D: 11-1/4” x H: 9” (.83cu. ft.), which gives you enough room to cook large batches of food. The oven also comes with three wire shelves that can be adjusted to different positions.
- SAFETY – The Cadco OV-003 oven is not only efficient and durable, but also safe and comfortable to use. The oven has a “cool-touch” double wall glass door that prevents heat from escaping and protects you from burns. The oven cavity is wrapped in high “R” value insulation that keeps the oven temperature stable and reduces energy consumption.
- WARRANTY – Cadco, Ltd. warrants all products (in the U.S. only) to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase. Warranty does not apply in cases of misuse, abuse, or damage from external service or repair attempts by unauthorized personal. (Residential Usage: Cadco assumes no liability for parts or labor coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications.)
- KITCHEN ESSENTIAL – The XAF-133 is a heavy-duty oven with a strong stainless-steel construction, ensuring durability and reliability. Its heavy-duty door and hinge construction further enhance its robustness. Equipped with a high-temperature ball-bearing motor, this oven is designed for long-lasting and consistent performance. Incorporated with a LED light in the door to provide enhanced visibility and convenience while cooking or checking on the food inside the oven.
- COOK TO PERFECTION – A smart choice for any commercial kitchen that requires high-quality and efficient cooking. The oven has an advanced airflow design that circulates more air in less time, resulting in uniform and rapid cooking. The oven also has manual controls that allow you to set the time, temperature and heat settings to suit your preferences. You can select from 175 to 500 F to perform various cooking functions, such as baking, roasting, broiling or warming.
- CAPACITY – The Cadco XAF-133 oven has a spacious cooking chamber that can accommodate up to four half size sheet pans. The dimensions of the cooking chamber are 10″H x 19-1/2″W x 15-1/2″D (1.75 cu. ft.), which gives you enough room to cook large batches of food. The oven also comes with 4 wire shelves that can be adjusted to different positions.
- SAFETY – The Cadco XAF-133 oven is not only efficient and durable, but also safe and comfortable to use. The oven has a “cool-touch” double wall glass door that prevents heat from escaping and protects you from burns. The oven cavity is wrapped in high “R” value insulation that keeps the oven temperature stable and reduces energy consumption.
- SPECS / CERTIFICATIONS – Cadco XAF-133 heavy-duty oven offers powerful performance with its 208-240 voltage range, 2700 Watts power rating, and 20 Amps electrical connection. Its NEMA 6-20P plug enables easy installation. With UL and CSA certifications, this oven provides a safe and reliable cooking solution. Trust in the XAF-133 to deliver exceptional cooking results while prioritizing durability, functionality, and compliance with industry standards.
- 1.7 cu. ft. capacity
- Weight and time defrost
- Two-speed, 300-CFM venting system
- Dimensions: 16 5/16 H x 29 7/8 W x 15 9/16 D
- Turntable On/Off Controls turntable operation
Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven
From the nine factory cooking modes to the easily readable blue LCD back-lit screen, this unit is well constructed, sleek, classic looking, and has all the bells and whistles you can want.
This convection and air fry convection oven uses super convection technology to distribute heat evenly around the chamber to cook faster.
Its five quartz heating elements ensure fast preheat and even cooking temperatures, and the three easily positioned racks provide the versatility you want for cooking just about anything. But it gets even better.
The Breville Smart Oven 1800 wattage can be adjusted to facilitate a wide range of cooking options.
The Breville Smart Oven includes Element IQ technology, which uses temperature control to ensure precise, even cooking. This innovative feature allows for a more accurate regulation of the heat, which is the key to successful convection oven cooks.
The Element IQ system works like an adjustment switch on a interior light fixture, increasing the wattage or decreasing it as needed with the ease of turning a knob.
The heating elements in the Breville BOV800XL are composed of quartz heat technology. This allows the unit to respond more rapidly to a change in the heat requirements, unlike metal elements found in other convection toaster ovens.
The non stick internal cavity that makes cleanup a snap.
For those who favor a little quirky feature in their appliances there’s the magnetic rack ejection system. This patented gizmo gives you magnets on the sides of the oven door that pull the wire rack halfway out of the oven when the door opens. This makes it easier to access the interior and prevents those annoying little burns we all get when we remove things from an oven.Buy on Amazon
Cuisinart CSO-300combo Steam/Convection Oven
This Cuisinart makes the best convection toaster oven list because of its unmatched steam feature. The application of steam can cook food up to 40 percent faster than conventional ovens.
Reviews of this unit focus on its exceptional job of cooking breads, rice and meats. The steam feature is especially good for heating leftovers.
It keeps food moist to prevent dryness. It doesn’t match up quite as well to the Breville BOV800XL in the broiling and roasting category, however. You do have to be careful of where you place the unit on the limited counter space.
The steam is vented through the rear of the oven. Whatever is behind the cooker will be streaked with water vapor, like a shower door after a hot shower.
Also, the top of the oven gets hot when in use so don’t plan on using the top as a storage space unless you don’t mind clearing it every time you cook something. But it is an easy unit to use and has a classy, high-end appearance.
The size is a nice feature, as well. It will hold a whole chicken, up to about 4 ½ pounds, or accommodate a 12-inch pizza. It will hold up to 47 ounces of water in the removable water reservoir.
This provides up to 120 minutes of uninterrupted steam, which is great if you’re steaming fish or vegetables. It includes a baking pan and broiling rack, and there is a drip tray that’s removable for easy cleaning.
To clean, you set it to steam with the unit empty of food. The steam will loosen any food stuck to the sides or racks. You can then simply wipe it clean with a cloth. No mess, no fuss, no fumes from cleaning sprays. You don’t get the auto-eject racks like in the Breville BOV800XL but the racks slide in and out easily.Buy on Amazon
KitchenAid KCO275AQ Convection Countertop Oven
This countertop oven is made with stainless steel exterior and has a sleek, smart, contemporary look to it. It has nine different preset cooking functions (baking, air frying, dehydration…) that allow variety in your cooking specifications and help get the exceptional cooking results you expect from a toaster oven.
It includes Asado Roast settings that will adjust temperatures as needed to ensure excellent roasting performance. From pizza crusts that are crisped to perfection to bagels that are golden brown, the baking capability of this toaster oven ranks with the best of them.
It features a 12-inch capacity, so it is big enough to handle most cooking needs. It includes a ‘keep warm’ setting and memory settings for reheating.
It also includes a 60-minute timer for those more involved culinary undertakings. The interior is coated with a nonstick lining for easy cleanup.
The display is digital, showing temperature and cooking times. The temperature adjustments are knobs that turn easily. When in use, the top does get warm but this can be used as a method of pre-heating dishes before serving.
The three racks include a round attachment and there is a handy rack guide for help in selecting the best position for various types of dishes. The digital makeup makes the cooking process more exciting and the results taste nice.Buy on Amazon
Breville BOV900BSS Air Fry Smart Oven
After testing, our Lab named the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer one of its top picks for air fryers, and it’s also a top pick for countertop ovens.
Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Toaster Oven, Brushed Stainless Steel has the numerous features and extras which make this a well-made, versatile unit in the best countertop ovens available on the market today.
An air frying function, two-speed fans will help you prepare crispy foods and control cooking as well. Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer also is accompanied multi racking option which allows you to use the space in the countertop oven however you want.
It did a great job with both oven functions, including bake cookies, reheating pizza and air fryer functions, such as making golden, crispy french fries.
For cooking and baking quick foods, Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Toaster has 13 cooking functions that you will be able to choose any given moment, including up to nine slices of toast, convection broil, bagel, slow cook, cookies, reheat, air roast, pizza, warm, bake, convection bake, air fryer, proof, and dehydrate.
And, as a bonus for anyone just building out their kitchen—college students, recent grads, newlyweds, and so forth—this model comes with a wire rack, roast tray, baking pan, and air fryer basket that fit perfectly in the toaster oven for convenience.
Every setting delivered consistent results, and the air fryers basket is a stand out addition. It’s very deep and cleverly designed so that you won’t have to flip food half-way through. It turned out delicious, thick-cut fries, perfect tater tots, and even fried chicken.
Performance is surprisingly good, too, according to our reviewer. In tests, bread toasted evenly, frozen food cooked well, and chicken legs cooked adequately using the air fry function new to this particular model.
One cubic foot is this Air Fry Smart Oven capacity, which is exactly 16″ x 13.5″ 7″. You can bake a 14 lb turkey, but also fit 9 slices of toast or 12 muffin cups. At once time, you can fit 4 racks and cook at all of them.
The interior is big enough, and the heating elements certainly do not interfere. Especially, this countertop oven comes with a wide array of free accessories, including 13″ coating nonstick pizza pan, air fry basket, 2 heavy duty racks, broil rack, enamel roasting pan, and air fryer/dehydrating basket.
You can save your money, lots of cooking time and your energy also. The most prized feature of this oven is the easily- cleaning setting such: nonstick interior provides flawless food release and easy cleanup, pull-out crumb tray lends convenience.
This sleek Breville convection toaster oven has you covered when it comes to making an array of delicious meals.Buy on Amazon
Oster TSSTTVDGXL Extra Large Digital Countertop Oven
A really large countertop toaster oven that could be really useful for family gatherings? This is the reason why the Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Oven rounds out the top list.
With the extra-large interior, this oven comfortably accommodates two 16 inches pizzas, a large casserole, roasting and baking pan, family sized chicken or 14 slices of toast bread in one patch.
This is really a great choice for a big family breakfast. Cooking a meal in the Oster convection oven is super-fast and delicious dishes because of not only a large interior but also turbo toaster oven technology.
The turbo function speeds up your cooking time up to 3 times faster than your regular oven. Additionally, this feature potentially cut up to 50% of your energy used to cook.
The heat inside the cooking chamber is spread so that you can expose all parts of the meal to the same cooking temperature. Food still remains moist rather than completely dried out with the heat.
The Oster Extra-Large Oven comes with free accessories: two oven racks, durable bake pan, and integrated broil rack. By contrast, you would be required to purchase these two oven racks separately with other models.
The two racks make you possible to do multi-level cooking simultaneously. Made from stainless steel so that this oven is not only durable but also makes your kitchen look rather modern.
Cleaning the Oster TSSTTVDGXL Extra Large Digital Countertop Oven is really convenient. The crumb tray is removable so you can easily collect any loose particles that might have fallen out of your foods.
And, it also makes cleanup easy. The interior walls quickly wipe when finished cooking. It is not a hassle to clean racks and pizza pan. Also, the exterior is sleek and not easily be covered with dust and dirt.Buy on Amazon
WISCO 00621-001 Plus Convection Oven
The Wisco 621 Plus Toaster Oven is just as the name denotes- a commercial- grade countertop oven that is a versatile as it is reliable.
When shopping for countertop toaster ovens, shoppers notice that the Wisco 621 is of superior materials and construction after looking at other brands and models.
Utilizing the most basic dials, the operation of the Wisco 621 is very simple. The Wisco 621 also contains a heating element that brings the unit up to temperature very quickly and an internal fan that disperses the heat evenly throughout the unit.
The high speed convection fan circulates the hot air quickly, which results in perfectly cooked items every time.
Owners of the Wisco 621 report that one final advantage of this countertop oven is that it has custom baking tray on three levels that come out as well as cooking racks at three levels.
All can be removed easily for quick cleaning. If necessary, the front door can also be removed for cleaning the unit more thoroughly.Buy on Amazon
Waring Commercial WCO500X Half Size Pizza Pan Convection Toaster Oven
If you’re in the market for a countertop oven that has a larger cook area and is still considered a “do all” oven, the Waring Commercial WCO500X countertop pizza oven may just be the right oven for you.
As expected, the Waring oven takes up more cooking space on your counter, but with that comes a full 1.5 cubic foot interior with interior dimensions of 11.5” high, 17” wide and 12” deep.
It can accommodate a full 12” pizza, several baking pan or cooking casseroles and can even rotisserie two chickens at one time.
The Waring Commercial WCO500X oven heats up very quickly and is able to maintain cook temperatures without problems.
The heat is evenly distributed throughout the interior to cook all levels at the same temperature and rate.
The oven heats up to 500 degrees, which is 25 degrees warmer than most models and the unit takes only 13 minutes to heat up to the 450-500 degree mark.Buy on Amazon
Cadco OV-003 Convection Toaster Oven
If you are in the market for a high quality, compact sized oven, the Cadco OV-003 Compact Quarter Size Oven is a great option.
The oven is compact in size, but does not compromise on performance. The product’s tagline, “Small Footprint and Large Production” delivers flawlessly.
This oven is 21.5” wide, 18.9” high and 15.8” deep with a cook space of 0.83 cubic feet. This smaller interior space allows the Cadco OV-003 to heat up more quickly and maintain cook temperatures without problems.
The interior or the oven contains a squirrel cage fan, which works to circulate the heat evenly and consistently throughout the unit.
This oven requires far less energy than a standard oven or even some larger countertop ovens.
Despite the small cook space, this oven has three cooking racks that can be used simultaneously.
The fan and cook interior result in evenly cooked items on all three racks regardless of which oven rack is closest to the heat source.
The completely stainless steel interior can be easily wiped down once the oven is cool.
The three wire racks can be removed to be cleaned and the double walled glass door is cool to the touch on the exterior when cooking and can be wiped clean once the interior has cooled as well.Buy on Amazon
Cadco XAF-133 Half Size Convection Oven
The Cadco XAF-133 is truly a commercial grade toaster oven, if you’re looking to use this as a primary oven, that is a great addition to a commercial kitchen or a personal kitchen.
The Cadco XAF-133 is larger than many countertop ovens, making it a great replacement for a standard oven in some situations, both private and commercial alike.
One of the best advantages to the Cadco XAF-133 is that all of the operation is manual.
The knobs and dials are incredibly easy to use and intuitive, helping to ensure the items you’re cooking come out perfectly every time.
It honestly doubles the price of the more expensive countertop ovens on the market. But if you are an avid home-cooker or simply want the most superior meat broiling, baking, and warming, this is undoubtedly the best option on the market.
This countertop pizza oven can accommodate three half sized sheet pans at any given time. The oven comes with three racks and one half sized sheet pizza pan and more can be purchased as well.Buy on Amazon
GE JVM6175YKFS 1.7 Cu. Ft.Countertop Microwave Convection Oven
The GE JVM6175YKFS is a countertop oven that also can be operated as a microwave, making it a great countertop space saver as it can replace both a microwave and a standard oven.
This oven can cook utilizing 1000 microwave watts or it can cook using convection heat as a standard oven. This versatility is one of the biggest advantages of the GE JVM6175YKFS.
This microwave convection oven combo is made of superior materials and is of excellent quality construction. It is made of high quality stainless steel with black cook dials and accents.
It is very simple to use and intuitive in cooking process. With an internal cooking capacity of 1.5 cubic feet, this countertop oven can do just about anything.
It does occupy more countertop cook space, but it can be affixed within a kitchen under a countertop for a more “built-in” appearance.Buy on Amazon
When buying a countertop oven, there are many things that go into the purchase and decision as to which unit to select.
Whether you are on the fence as to whether or not to buy a countertop toaster oven or if you have decided you’re ready to buy one, read on for a comprehensive guide to all of the considerations and things to look at when buying a countertop oven.
Why Buy A Countertop Convection Oven?
There has been a recent rise in interest in and sales of countertop convection ovens.
In their earlier days, best countertop ovens were often seen in small kitchens and apartments, but the quickly spread to households around the world big and small alike.
This is because they’re incredibly versatile, have a wide variety of uses, and have myriad benefits.
Many countertop ovens cook foods in a variety of methods. They can warm, toast, bake, broil, sear foods and steam cooking.
In general, cook times tend to be 25-30% shorter than a typical oven, making meals quicker and saving users on energy both in terms of time used and the size of the oven that must be heated.
Because foods cook more quickly, foods can be cooked with fewer or no fats or oils.
The best toaster ovens use convected heat to sear the outside of foods, trapping moisture within and cooking items from all sides.
- YOUR GO-TO DUTCH OVEN: A flawless pairing of form and function that doesn't quit. The Lodge Dutch Oven not only makes your kitchen look good but is an enameled cast iron classic great for preparing and serving memorable meals. Broil, braise, bake or roast your favorite meals in the oven up to 500 Degree F.
- WHAT IS PORCELAIN ENAMEL ON CAST IRON. It is glass that becomes bonded to the cast iron at high temperatures. A particulate of glass, called frit, is applied to the cast iron vessel and then baked at temperatures between 1200 and 1400° F. The glass frit melts and fuses to the cast iron, forming a bond. Porcelain enamel on cast iron is heat tolerant and impervious to water and other consumables.
- EASY TO COOK AND CLEAN: The porcelain enameled interior has a smooth finish that minimizes sticking, promotes caramelization and resists staining. Although enameled cast iron is dishwasher safe, hand washing with warm soapy water and a nylon scrub brush is recommended to keep your Dutch Oven in tip top shape
- HEAT RETENTION: The cast iron vessel has superior heat distribution and retention, evenly heating throughout both the bottom and sidewalls. The tightly fitting lid seals in moisture for scrumptious pot roast, stews or a large batch of beans. Our heat retention also reduces the amount of energy needed for cooking.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America. Products made with non-toxic, PFOA & PTFE free material.
The convection piece circulates the heated air within the oven to heat foods on all sides evenly, resulting in an extremely even cooking pattern, eliminating cold spots and burn spots.
When cooking for larger crowds or when cooking more elaborate meals, some owners use a countertop oven as “overflow” cook space or even a place to keep dishes warm before serving.
Some sharp, enterprising owners strategically seek out and purchase a countertop oven that has a top that warms when the unit is in use, effectively giving them another warming surface for a dish.
The increased use of countertop ovens has come about for a number of reasons, each personal to the owner.
But the overall reason for the increased ownership and usage is the versatility of the countertop oven and its ability to satisfy a wide variety of needs.
Once you’ve decided to purchase a countertop convection oven, there are many things to consider before rushing out to the store.
Take consideration into where you intend to place the countertop convection oven.
- Is there a small nook you want to tuck the oven in on your counter?
- Do you want to set it in an open area?
- How much counter space you need in total?
- What type of material will be behind the countertop oven?
- What types of foods or meals to you intend to prepare the most?
- How else will you use the oven?
These all need careful consideration before selecting an oven because most of these factors will help narrow the field of ovens that will suit your needs.
If you want to put your countertop oven in a covered nook with a door on it, you will want to think about a few factors including will an oven that heats the top of the unit work in that space?
Also, you will want to think about how the crumb/ drip tray is cleaned. If the oven has a removable crumb tray that can only be pulled out from the rear, this will likely not work well in a covered nook.
Also, if you intend to use an oven to steam and it will reside under or within wood cabinets, the steam will cause damage to the wood cabinetry over time.
If you have low cabinets that the countertop ovens will sit under, think about whether you intend to use a heated top of the oven as extra warming space.
If so, will your cooking dishes fit between the oven and the bottom of the cabinets?
- A WOLF OVEN IN COUNTERTOP FORM: Enjoy all the features of a full-size Wolf oven, like interior lighting, precise temperature control and convection heating, in a compact, energy-efficient form.
- ADVANCED CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: Countertop convection oven continuously circulates heated air throughout for even roasting and baking with no hot spots.
- 7 COOKING MODES: Bake, Roast, Broil, Warm, Proof, Bagel and Toast functions offer you greater control and consistent, predictable results.
- PRECISION TEMPERATURE PROBE: Offers the control to cook meat to an exact preferred internal temperature for tender, precise results.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: 2 easy-glide oven racks, a baking pan with broiling rack insert and temperature probe are included so you can get cooking right away. Black knobs included to change knob color if desired.
Think about how you will use the oven is critical as well.
If you intend to buy a countertop oven to sear and broil meats, which many people do in lieu of grilling during the less inclement weather months, look at the surfaces the oven will be around.
For example, having painted sheetrock or wallpaper behind the oven may not be good as the heat can cause damage over time.
If the location you intend to place the oven already has a tiled backsplash, that might be a better material to hold up to the oven’s heat over time.
Think about the foods you intend to cook in your countertop oven most frequently also in terms of oven capacity.
If you have a large family and want to be able to cook full- sized pizzas, know those internal dimensions that you minimally need before you go shopping.
Better yet, if you have a really large family and need the capacity to cook two full sized pizzas at once on two racks, this narrows the possibilities even further.
Know what your needs and dimensions for the internal cooking area before you go to the store.
Think about the way you live.
- Do you cook casseroles?
- Do you enjoy baking?
- Do you hate hand washing dishes?
These answers any many, many more should play into the selection of your countertop oven.
Some ovens have nice and deep cooking areas to accommodate casserole pans and are set up with the factory settings to do so easily.
Other ovens are excellent for baking bread and pastries and even come with the right pans to do so.
Yet others have all removable metal drip, racks and pans that are dishwasher friendly.
After you’ve determined the needs the countertop toaster oven must meet within your kitchen space, your cooking styles, your lifestyle and any other considerations, it’s important to look at a wide variety of oven styles, designs, manufacturers and features.
There are far more options available for sale today than most people can imagine exist.
When most people envision a countertop oven, they think about a unit similar in nature to a good toaster oven, but more the size of a microwave oven.
While this “toaster style” convection oven is by far the most commonly seen on the market, other options exist that compete very well amongst top smart toaster ovens and exceed most of the toaster style ovens in performance on several cooking tasks.
The Halogen- powered glass dish ovens, such as the VonShef 12.5 Quart Premium Countertop Convection Oven come to mind as an alternative style that not only looks great, but performs very well.
This model along with several others consist of a heavy glass walled dish top which sits a metal gasket and cooking unit.
The cooking unit includes a high powered halogen bulb and a fan to circulate the heat the bulb generates.
This style oven has become increasingly popular because it’s incredibly efficient. The halogen bulb heats up close to instantly, so there’s no need for preheating the unit.
Owners simply place foods to be cooked in the glass dish, flip the switch on and let the oven work its magic.
These halogen powered glass dish ovens are perfect for meats as the fast, hot air sears meats on the outside and traps moisture inside, resulting in incredibly tender meats without added fat.
Most of these units come with a meat oven rack that the food sits atop so that if oils and fats drip off the meat, it actually is left at the bottom of the glass dish rather than being cooked into the bottom of the food.
This style countertop toaster oven is also particularly adept at steaming foods. They’re an excellent way to steam vegetables, rice, fish and much more.
If you are someone who loves steamed foods, this could be the right oven for you.
Owners of this style oven rave about the ease of cleaning as well. For most toaster ovens, after removing all foods, you simply turn the oven back on to a cleaning mode and the bulb heats the remaining contents up to extremely high temperatures.
Once the cleaning heat cycle is done, you simply wipe the glass door clean with a paper towel. They’re amazingly simple to keep clean and maintain.
Much of the other implements are either dishwasher safe or hand- washable.
Even a toaster style digital countertop convection oven has a wide variety of features that can make choosing one particular unit quite difficult.
Once you get beyond the internal cooking dimensions and the size of the unit to fit your kitchen, there is so much more that needs consideration.
First, look at the range of settings that the oven has. Can it just toast and bake? Can it broil and roast? Can it do all of the above plus steam and sear?
This is where looking at your lifestyle, cooking trends and your intended use of the item will come into play.
If you need something simple to cook pizzas and toast bread, you will have many, many options available to you.
If you want something capable of baking breads, steaming fish and vegetables, roasting a whole chicken, searing steaks and broiling dishes, there will be fewer options to choose from.
Think about your tolerance for technology.
Some of the countertop ovens on the market today are extremely modern appearing and high- tech with LCD displays and single push button programmed cook settings.
Yet others have remained relatively easy to operate with several toggle switches that allow the user to turn a knob to a certain temperature setting and turn another knob to a time setting.
When selecting an oven, know your preferences as well as those of the other people in your household that will need to cook with the oven.
While a stainless steel countertop convection oven with LCD backlit display and factory preset cooking settings may look extremely modern and sleek, if nobody will be able to figure out how to use it without pulling out the instruction manual, it may not be the best choice for your household.
After shopping and looking at the various styles, manufacturers and features, there is still one critical step to take to make your decision on which countertop toaster oven to purchase for your home.
This is a step than many people skip, but can tell you so much about how well an oven will work for you and often times, it can tell you a lot about how the company handles defects, issues, and returns.
Take some time to research product reviews thoroughly and at more than one source. Many people first turn to Amazon for product reviews.
This can be an excellent source of information about products, but if an item has fewer than five reviews, it may not be a very good representation of users’ experiences with a particular company or model.
Often Amazon reviews focus more on the service that was received by the seller or Amazon themselves.
Be sure to read all Amazon reviews carefully to ensure that any feedback on the product, positive or negative, is actually a reflection of the product and the manufacturer, not just Amazon or the third party vendor.
There are many other sources of user reviews on countertop convection ovens. To find them, simply search for “countertop convection oven reviews” online and search from several products from there.
There are several sites that compile user reviews that aren’t associated with the sales of the small toaster ovens.
These sites are more likely to give true reviews of the countertop ovens and the manufacturer rather than just focusing on the customer service aspect of shipping and receiving.
The biggest value in reading these reviews is that many reviewers leave excellent specifics about products.
I love the removable crumb tray from the front and can be placed in the dishwasher.
The best feature is that when you open the front door of this convection toaster oven, magnets actually pull the rack halfway out of the oven to prevent you from getting burns on your hands.
The knobs worked great for six months, then fell off. I was able to super- glue them back on and they’re working fine.
Sometimes reviewers will give insight into the company in their reviews as well. If there is something that isn’t working correctly and they contact the company and get a favorable response, they’re likely to note that in a review.
On the flipside, if they contact a company about a defect and get a negative response or no response at all, they are even more likely to share that in a review.
Reading reviews over time can tell you if the product has recurring defects and how the customers and company overcomes that.
It can be extremely useful information to know before going to the store and is often a way to rule out some of the models that you’re considering.
Once you’ve selected and purchased your new air fryer toaster oven, it’s time to get it set up and ready to go in your kitchen.
Be sure to read all of the safety warnings and operating instructions. Also, it’s important to clean any of the racks and pans that come with the oven prior to cooking in or on them.
Often manufacturers advise running a countertop toaster oven for a prescribed amount of time to burn off any trace chemical fumes and compounds that may still be on the interior of the unit.
It’s advisable to cook those compounds off without food in the unit. Once done, your unit is likely ready to use. It’s time to create your first meal.
Your toaster oven really can be used to supplement your standard oven, but in many cases, new owners find that it replaces their standard oven in daily use.
These smaller versions are often able to accomplish as much as a standard oven in less time and using less energy.
Think about the last time you cooked a meal using more than one rack in your standard oven. For many families, this only happens on holidays and maybe when company comes to visit.
Having the ability to cook the same meals with greater efficiency is a very powerful thing.
Many busy parents rave about the speed with which a meal can be prepared and cooked. With schedules being as hectic as they are nowadays, having a way to cook a tasty, healthy meal in a fraction of the time is a huge benefit.
As you ease into using your digital countertop convection oven, start by preparing some meals that you normally prepare in a standard oven.
If necessary, adjust recipe size to accommodate the smaller unit but in some cases, you may not have to even do so.
Experiment with the recipes to reduce the amount of oils and fats that must be added to see if they are as tasty without in your new toaster oven as they are with using the normal recipe in a standard oven.
One recommendation is to always try some of the recipes provided by the manufacturer with the countertop ovens. These are generally “tried and true” recipes that are designed to showcase the new oven’s abilities in terms of speed, taste and quality of the final product.
Finally, seek out recipes specifically for a countertop toaster oven online. See if you can find recipes for meals or dishes you have normally prepared another way altogether.
All of these suggestions are ways that you can test the capabilities of your new countertop toaster oven and see what it can best be used for in your home.
The key to a long- living countertop toaster oven is keeping it well maintained.
One of the best ways to do this is to clean all cooking surfaces, attachments and implements after every use.
This includes emptying any drip trays and crumb trays. Drips and food left in the oven will result in burns on the cooking surfaces and ultimately, can lead to scorched food smells when the oven is cooking foods, leading to ruined meals.
Keeping the oven clean from the start will ensure that it has a long, useful life in your kitchen.
Inspecting your dishes and cookware prior to cooking in your oven can help reduce this as well.
If you look at your dishes and pans before cooking and clean up any drips and spills on the underside of the cooking pans, this reduces the amount of drips and spills that even enter your oven.
These are very easy tasks to do each and every time that can literally extend the life of your countertop toaster oven by years.
A countertop toaster oven can really begin as a solution to one problem and end up solving many problems as is the case for many households.
Always be willing to try new things and you will find the best applications for your countertop convection oven that also serves your family’s needs.
If ever in doubt as to the performance of your particular make and model, don’t hesitate to contact the manufacturer for guidance.
They are always willing to answer questions and offer advice to customers and oven owners.
Always remember: if you take care of your countertop convection oven, it will take care of you for many years to come.
Owning a toaster oven is the best way to increase the speed and quality of your cooking.
With today’s countertop convection ovens, you’re able to get all the benefits of owning a convection oven without taking up a lot of space.
Here you have the best convection ovens before you and all the knowledge you need to make the rightest choice.
It’s all about knowing yourself, knowing your kitchen, and knowing your cooking habits.
Regardless of your budget and your requirements, you will surely have something to look among. They are different in both their prices, designs, and functionality.
After reading about the top-rated convection ovens, and consulting the buyer’s guide, you should be ready to find the appliance that is perfectly suited to your unique needs.
Our website has been releasing more exciting content about the appliance. Keep visiting our articles if you are interested in this field!
- No Flip, Perfect Air Fry Creations.The no-flip air fry basket helps make air frying easy without the need to flip ingredients halfway through the recipe.
- Never over-cook your meat again and achieve the perfect degree of doneness with the built-in temperature probe that alerts you when your desired temperature is reached.
- Cook more with 25% more* capacity and make your favorite tenderloin, whole chicken recipes, even a sheet cake or full one-pan dinner, with the included 9″ x 13″ baking pan. *Compared to model KCO124.
- Even-Heat Convection Technology so you can cook chicken up to 20% faster with Dual Convect Bake.* *Compared to Bake setting; 3 lb chicken.
- This countertop oven preheats fast to 350 degrees, in less than 4 minutes, so you can get your favorite dish cooking and on the table in no time.
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 10 cooking functions as an interior oven light guides you to perfection
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it’s needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro’s convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by stripping away the cold air that surrounds your food
- 10 Cooking Functions: versatile countertop oven with 10 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Warm and Slow cook
- Smart Oven with Slow Cook Function: Take your time to tenderize and develop complex flavors using the slow cook function, designed for long cook times at low temperatures; Slow Cook for up to 10 hours before the setting automatically turns to keep warm
- 10-IN-ONE VERSATILITY – This machine can do it all and fit all your cooking needs. Toasting, Baking, Broiling, Defrosting or Reheating all at your fingertips. From Pizza to cookies, you can make it all
- SPEEDY & FASTER COOKING – Reduce your cooking time up to 33.3% and improve heating efficiency. With a 1700W Powerful output the infrared heating technology gives you optimum performance every time
- LARGE CAPACITY – With a Larger interior this oven can fit up to 6 slices of bread, a 11” pizza, casseroles, cookies, and up to a 4 pound chicken. External Dimensions are approximately 18. 98″ X 15. 59″ X 10. 78″.
- EASY TO CONTROL & INTUITIVE DIGITAL DISPLAY – This smart convection toaster oven has a bright digital display, easy-to-turn control knobs, dual position racks and non-stick interior for convenient use
- INCLUDING 6 ACCESSORIES – TOSHIBA Speedy Convection Toaster Oven comes with removable crumb tray, rotisserie kit and lifter, baking rack, baking pan and a rack clamp
- TRUE SURROUND CONVECTION: Up to 10X the convection power vs. a traditional full-size convection oven for faster, crispier, and juicy results.Cord length (in.): 36..Special Features: Programmable
- 10-IN-1 VERSATILITY: Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Whole Roast, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Dehydrate, Reheat, and Pizza all in one powerful, 1800-watt appliance
- FASTER COOKING: 90-second oven preheat time and up to 30% faster cooking than a traditional full-size convection oven
- XL FAMILY-SIZED CAPACITY: 2-level even cooking, no rotating required—fit a 5-lb. chicken and a sheet pan of vegetables, (2) 12-inch pizzas, or a 12-lb. turkey
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air Fry function vs. traditional deep frying. Tested against hand-cut, deep fried French Fries
- 10-IN-ONE VERSATILITY – With 10 Functions, this All-in-One machine can take care of all your cooking needs. 10 Functions include: Toast, Bake, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Defrost, Reheat, Rotisserie, Keep Warm, and Convection.ONE-YEAR LONG WARRANTY – 1-Year Warranty Plus a Lifetime of Customer Support. Any problems with your toaster oven will be solved professionallyHolds six slices of bread, or fits 12 inch pizza Convection fan for even and faster cooking
- EASY TO USE – Control all the features and check current cooking settings quickly with three control knobs that have large High Contrast LCD Displays. Allowing you to get the desired cooking result every time
- POWERFUL COOKING & ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – Our TOSHIBA Countertop Toaster Oven allows for a faster and even baking experience with its 1500W powerful output. It maintains a consistent temperature for up to two hours at a range between 150°F–450°F
- XL FAMILY-SIZED CAPACITY – With a Larger interior, this oven can fit up to 6 slices of bread, a 11″ pizza, casseroles, cookies, and up to a 4-pound chicken. External Dimensions are approximately 18. 98″ X 15. 59″ X 10. 78″
- INCLUDING 6 ACCESSORIES – TOSHIBA Speedy Convection Toaster Oven comes with a removable crumb tray, rotisserie kit and lifter, baking rack, baking pan, and a rack clamp
- MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON-THE-FLY – Want hotter temperature or need to cook it longer? Simply adjust on-the-fly any time. Fine-tune time and temperature any time in the cooking process. Bravo’s intuitive digital controls are easy to operate.
- INTUITIVE DIGITAL CONTROLS – Set cook temperatures from 50°F to 450°F adjustable in precise 5°F increments. Unlike the primitive methods that regulate temperature by turning the heater on and off, our heater never turns off while cooking.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY 1800 WATTS – Bravo is rated at 1800 Watts. Despite its compact size, it is a seriously powerful cooking appliance. Bravo is also highly efficient. It heats up quickly and cooks faster than most convection ovens.
- COOKING MADE EASY & DELICIOUS – Bravo uses convection heating technology that circulates super-heated air around the food for faster cooking times, even results for more deliciously healthy meals.
- HEALTHY, NUTRITIOUS MEALS – Bravo’s intense heating process ensures that most of the unhealthy, high-calorie fats and oils drip off during cooking leaving food more nutritious, flavorful, and moist with its own natural juices intact.
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly, STAINLESS STEEL FINISH: Durable, premium stainless steel finish
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food at a preset temperature of 150°F for an adjustable time of upto 6 hours
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature up to where you need for precise cooking
- Fits Most Oven Pans – Use the pans you already have. This spacious oven fits most standard 9”x13” oven pans with handles. That means you can go from straight from oven to table. Plus, the included baking/broiling pan fits perfectly, making it easy to insert and remove food. Toasting rack also included.
- Convection Heating – The powerful convection fan circulates warm air throughout the oven for fast, even baking. Other functions include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.Dedicated Toast Timer – Get perfect toast every time using the dedicated toast timer. It allows for predictable shade selection with every use.
- Temperatures in the oven will be lower than your set point. This is due to advanced heating elements used in this oven. Temperature dial settings have been calibrated to provide expected results for most recipes taking into account the advanced heating elements.
- 60-minute Timer – The 60-minute precision timer features stay-on functionality for longer baking tasks. Dedicated precision toast timer. 3 rack positions for improved cooking flexibility
- Extra-Deep Interior: Forget about heating up the large oven. This countertop oven is designed to fit 12” pizzas, and things like casserole dishes, whole chickens, and more.
- Dual Position Rack: Place food right under the broiler or make room for large items. High and low oven rack positions provide the versatility to have great results on all foods.
- 120-Minute Timer: The digital timer ensures accurate results. Set it for short jobs like toasting and broiling, or longer for baking. The oven turns off when the timer runs out.
- 8 One-Touch Functions: Bake, broil, toast, bagel, pizza, frozen snacks, potatoes, cookies.
- Convection Baking: Hot air is circulated throughout the oven for fast, even baking.
- 45L capacity – Fits 9 slices of toast on 2 racks for a total of 18 slices and roasts up to a 7lb turkey. Four rack positions fit up to 2 x 14″ pizzas with interior dimensions of 16-3/8 W x 15-7/8 D x 8-1/2 H (upper element to rack at bottom position)
- French dual door design allows you to open one or both doors at a time saving precious counter space. Four rack positions allow you to cook multiple dishes at once
- Convection feature circulates hot air inside the oven for flakier crusts, deeper flavors and more tender meats, in less time. Rotisserie spit & Fork assembly rotates food inside the oven while roasting it to perfection.
- Independent Temperature Knobs up to 450°F to separately control top and bottom heating elements – turn on only one or both at the same time; 60-minute timer with signal turns oven off automatically
- Stainless Steel door handle, frame, and panel adds style and elegance. Oven door constructed of safety tempered glass, and slide-out crumb and grease tray makes clean up a cinch.